slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image

Welcome Friends

I am a North Carolina conceptual portrait photographer. Look here for updates on my photography adventures. Visit www.HeatherEvansSmith.com for details on commissioned portrait shoots and fine art sales.

September 12, 2010: A New Family

You may recognize the mother in these photos, I did her maternity pictures earlier in the summer (in a baby pool!). A month ago their beautiful baby girl was welcomed into the world through a home birth. Coming up on my daughter's 1st birthday, I am reminded of my own personal labor and feelings of becoming a new mother. Working on these photos has brought back so many memories and feelings of that time. It was a perfect setting; their home, the place of her birth and where their life as a new family began. Congratulations Tracy and Dave!




7 comments:

Wendy Grant Photography said...

Your work is always fabulous and these are just stunning!

Kate said...

Wow wow wow!!!

I am just in love with these pics...

Heather Evans Smith said...

Thank you!

Kate said...

Blogged about this here:
http://lililly.blogspot.com/2010/09/list_30.html

Hope you dont mind :)

Heather Evans Smith said...

Thank you! Love the post!

Chelsea said...

what is the link to her maternity shoot? I'd love to see it!

I also blogged about this post on my blog this week.
thanks for the inspiration!
http://usthreebirds.blogspot.com/2011/02/weekly-surf_26.html

Brooke Trexler said...

I stumbled across your work on pinterest. this is probably the most gorgeous newborn session I have EVER seen - amazing job!