slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image

Welcome Friends

I am a North Carolina conceptual portrait photographer. Look here for updates on my photography adventures. Visit www.HeatherEvansSmith.com for details on commissioned portrait shoots and fine art sales.

March 11, 2014: The Heart and The Heavy at MoNA Charlotte

My series The Heart and The Heavy has been on a southeast tour since last October. Last weekend the show opened at the MoNA Gallery in Charlotte, NC. Each opening has its own unique components and vibe. Charlotte was no different. Gallery owner, Dan Butner, went above and beyond with this exhibit. Every nook had a new surprise, a prop, a quote from myself regarding specific images, and a viewing station.

I stole the infamous robot, Chuck, away from his owner for the weekend. He was there greeting guests and starring in the viewing of Chucked by director Jared Nelson. Chucked was one of ten winning films at last fall's Project Imaginat10n contest.

I love having the opportunity to talk with patrons about my work. Not only to convey what the work means to me, but to hear what they take away from it. Each piece means something different to everyone and I love the connections that are made during those conversations.

If you missed the opening, the exhibit is up until the end of April. Contact Dan at the MoNA Gallery to view the show. There is also a closing reception at the end of April. Hope to see you there!
The infamous robot, Chuck, greeting guests at the door.

PDN/Emerging Photographer Magazine grand prize winning image Talk To Me on the left.

Props from the photographs were displayed around the gallery.


I love my models! Here I am with Morgan Marlowe and her photo Breathe Me In.

Model Olivia Radley with her photo Stranger On This Earth.
Chuck and I at the end of a wonderful night!

1 comments:

Lindsey said...

I really hope to make it to one of your exhibits! You are truly a great talent Heather and I feel fortunate to know you!