slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image

Welcome Friends

I am a North Carolina conceptual portrait photographer. Look here for updates on my photography adventures. Visit www.HeatherEvansSmith.com for details on commissioned portrait shoots and fine art sales.

May 5, 2012: Knoxville Workshop Wrap Up

Last weekend I had the pleasure of teaching and working beside 12 beautiful photographers at my Knoxville workshop. The photographers ranged in specialties from portrait, wedding, children, senior, fine art and pets. I was lucky to be hosted by Expressions Photography, the studio of Knoxville photographer Steve Chastain. I met him in Australia while speaking at the August Exposure conference last year. Of all places! It was great to see him again and he did a wonderful job helping me arrange locations and details from a far.

With our two models, Caitlin and Helen, we spent the day split between the Knoxville Botanical Gardens and Expressions Studio. It was like a scene from The Secret Garden, each location as beautiful as the next. Luckily Knoxville was only a 1/2 day drive from us, so I was able to pack every vintage piece of clothing I had into the car. I love creating these magical setups for the participants and then letting them loose to create.

From styling, fashion, portraits, storytelling and underwater, we packed it all in. I demonstrated a few "trick" composite shots. I mean, why not take advantage of a large team, my butterfly wranglers I call them.

Below are my three favorite images I shot from that day along with some behind the scenes. I really enjoy teaching and experiencing camaraderie with other photographers. More workshops are in the works. Stay tuned to my facebook page for details. If you are interested in hosting one of my workshops in your city, please email heather@heatherevanssmith.com for more information.

Models: Helen Garren / Caitlin Campbell
Makeup / Hair: Buffi Dickenson
Assistants: Steve Chastain / Kortney Jarman

0 comments: