slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image

Welcome Friends

I am a North Carolina conceptual portrait photographer. Look here for updates on my photography adventures. Visit www.HeatherEvansSmith.com for details on commissioned portrait shoots and fine art sales.

June 5, 2012: Hello and News!

I am a terrible blogger. I keep saying that I am going to do better but that has yet to happen. I wanted to write today to catch my followers up on some news.

First off, I am ecstatic to find out that I am one of the 10 recipients of the 3rd edition of the Julia Margaret Cameron award. Awardees have the opportunity to show their work in Paris! So, who knows, my vacation plans may already be made in 2013. Here is a link to the winners and honorable mentions and their work. I am honored to be included with this talented group of women photographers.

I have been taking a unintended break from my Heart and the Heavy series due to some pleasant distractions such as workshops and client work. But I am feeling that itch to get back into it again and hope to add quite a few pieces to the series this summer.

And I am extremely excited to announce that my North Carolina workshop is now available for registration. I am looking forward to working with other photographers to boost creativity and imagination. You can register here. Below is a tentative schedule of what you can expect from the weekend. Space is limited to 10 so register now to secure your spot.

  • Friday, September 7th
    4 p.m. - Location TBA
    Join Heather as she discusses her progression into conceptual photography and how shooting for yourself can benefit shooting for others. Heather will also discuss idea boosters to overcome creative blocks, concepting with clients and making time for you. The discussion will end with a creativity exercise. Dinner afterwards is optional where workshop attendees can continue this open conversation.

    Saturday, September 8th
    9 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. - Location TBA
    Today is a full day of shooting. Two to three models will be on hand with a professional makeup/hairstylist. Heather will set up unique shots in various locations, all the while discussing styling and ways to incorporate these ideas into client work. Everyone will get a chance to jump in and direct the models to their vision. Lunch will be provided. Shooting will end around 4 to leave plenty of time for a Q & A and wrap up of the weekend.

I hope everyone has a summer full of creativity and imagination. More posts to come soon (hopefully)!


0 comments: