slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image

Welcome Friends

I am a North Carolina conceptual portrait photographer. Look here for updates on my photography adventures. Visit www.HeatherEvansSmith.com for details on commissioned portrait shoots and fine art sales.

October 12, 2012: On The Magazine Rack

It is unusual for me to walk into a bookstore and find two publications with my work on the shelf at once.

My image Penny & Dishes is in the November edition of Photo District News as a winner in the Objects of Desire Competition. I was equally thrilled to see that this particular issue featured the work of Cig Harvey, who I have admired for some time. Cig was the juror of the Darkroom Gallery's exhibition Id: The Object of Self. I received Juror's Choice and People's Choice for my self-portraits. I find it ironic that in a small way Cig and I are paired together again.


November 2012 issue of Photo District News. My image Penny & Dishes inside. 

I am most proud to be featured in the latest volume of the Camera Obscura. My image The Midway was the winner of the Outstanding Photo Award (Professional Category) and was chosen to grace the cover of the journal. There are two additional images of mine inside the journal as well. I am happy to be sharing in this excitement with writer and close friend, Emily Koon, who's story Nancy's Rat was also accepted in the journal. I have been meticulously going through all the remarkable photography in this issue and now reading the prose. I highly recommend picking one up.

Volume 5 of Camera Obscura.  My image The Midway on the cover.
For more information on Camera Obscura click here.

0 comments: