slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image

Welcome Friends

I am a North Carolina conceptual portrait photographer. Look here for updates on my photography adventures. Visit www.HeatherEvansSmith.com for details on commissioned portrait shoots and fine art sales.

May 12, 2014: Snap! Space Edge of a Dream Opening

All of the artists and gallery owners Patrick and Holly Khan at the Snap! Space opening of Edge of a Dream.
Picture courtesy of Emily Jourdan
Last weekend I took a whirlwind trip to Orlando, Florida for the Snap! Space opening of Edge of a Dream. Owners Patrick and Holly Kahn have created a fresh and innovative space for photography in the city that I (before this weekend) only associated with Mickey Mouse. From the very start of the opening the house was packed. DJ Nigel John pumped tunes while everyone mixed and mingled.  I felt extremely honored to be included in this line up. It didn't take long before we all starting conversing like old friends.  

I followed Tom Chambers' work for several years. It was great to finally meet him and his wife in person. One of my biggest art influences was Edward Hopper, so when I first saw Richard Tuschman's Hopper-inspired dollhouse photographs I became a fan. I was thrilled to know he was showing in the exhibit as well. Wendy Sacks: what a generous woman with a wealth of information. Thomas Dodd, a master at photoshop manipulation and Elise Bloom, who's voyeurist family photos I adored.  It was a pleasure to meet them all.

The Edge of a Dream Lineup. I was quite honored to be in the mix.



A few snapshots of my photographs on exhibit.
There are seven from The Heart and The Heavy series and one from my new series Seen Not Heard.

Brunch the next day, attempting to fit six people in a selfie!
Thank you Snap! Orlando! Until next time...

0 comments: