slideshow image 2 slideshow image 3 slideshow image 4 slideshow image

Welcome Friends

I am a North Carolina conceptual portrait photographer. Look here for updates on my photography adventures. Visit www.HeatherEvansSmith.com for details on commissioned portrait shoots and fine art sales.

May 24, 2013: Facade

My latest image, Facade, is from an idea that fell into place once the right location was discovered. I wanted to place the model in a natural backdrop, so submerged her surroundings would overtake her. Unsure of what this would be, I sketched out my idea and made a mental note of it (sometimes those mental notes can sit in my head for over a year).

Sitting on my porch one morning, I noticed my neighbors' rhododendron bushes had bloomed. I arranged the shoot within the next few days. The area wasn't big, but zooming in gave the location a wonderland appearance.

The pressure to keep up appearances will slowly engulf us.

Facade
© 2013 Heather Evans Smith Photography

0 comments: